Everything You Need To Know About Lace Closure & Frontals
Ever bumped upon a how-to video of YouTubers wearing a lace wig? (And thought, it does look like rocket science!) Well, newbies often find the world of wigs, weaves, and raw hair extensions intimidating at first. We can't agree more as everyone, including us, has been in the same place at one point!
It takes a little bit of research and patience to develop an understanding of these fashion essentials. To help you with it, we have come up with this blog today that throws light on lace frontals and closures to help you decide which one you should go with to achieve the 'au naturel' look!
If you want to invest in a quality wig, read this guide to decide which one out of lace frontal and closure you should pick to complete your look.
What is a Lace Frontal?
It is known by many as a 'half wig' with three to four bundles of hair sewn together. The length usually runs from ear to ear, with a standard size of 13x4 inches. It is used to achieve a natural look for wigs and hair extensions. The structure allows greater flexibility to try several hairstyles (center part, side parts, or ponytails.) It is mainly used to hide hair loss around the hairline.
Benefits of using Lace Frontals
- It is easy to wear and requires less installation than other hair extensions. It is appropriate for women who have less time to get ready and seek to protect their natural tresses.
- It offers versatility to don many hairstyles. The wearer can personally style the wigs or extensions to achieve the desired look, from high-ponytails to sleek mid-part buns!
- It allows air to reach your scalp and natural hair! We realize it is very uncomfortable to wear a wig for a longer time in hot and humid weather. Lace frontals allow air to pass through it, thus delivering proper ventilation to your scalp and hair.
What is Lace Closure?
It is a hand-tied hair piece with strands secured tightly to a lace. It has a standard size of 4 X 4 inches. The primary function of a lace closure is to close off a wig or desired hairstyle; therefore, it would be fair to say that it can be used to create a natural parting of the hairline. Influencers are seen around social media platforms to use lace closures as a protection against heat styling, backcombing, and more.
Benefits of using a Lace Closure
- It requires less maintenance than sew-in lace frontal wigs. It involves washing, conditioning, and styling just like your natural hair.
- It lasts for a longer time than a frontal and requires proper maintenance. It is best to use in warmer weather as it can be fixed without much gluing or customizing. As a matter of fact, sew-in lace frontal wigs lose their glue after a usage of 2-3 weeks.
- Mixing the color and texture of your hair with a weave is easier. The wearer has the choice to dye the weave of closure as desired, protecting their natural hair from all kinds of damage in the process.
What to do next?
The proper selection of hair extensions will allow you to get the look of your dreams. But, to enhance the longevity of these hair pieces, it is essential to take proper care of them. Lace frontals and closures are delicate products and need special TLC from time to time.
Learn this general rule: no scrubbing, scratching, or rigorous combing!
To answer the question, lace closures and frontals are essential to creating a life-like hair effect. So, we are keeping both on equal levels of importance! If you are looking for the best hair closures in Houston, explore our website to get your hands on premium wigs, hair extensions, and hairpieces.